Tuesday, November 07, 2006

ENGLISH?

You know what I hate? I hate when you call a company for customer care and you get someone who can barely speak the English language. I mean, why the hell would companies put people on the phone that you can't understand? And what about the elderly? My parents, who have a hard time hearing on the telephone to begin with, constantly complain that they can't understand these foreign fucks and eventually hang up and redial hoping to get an English speaking person. Now I'm not advocating that these people not be hired, but WHY put them on phones and customer service?

My solution:

When I get one of these "english is my third language" types, I ASAP demand to speak to the supervisor to file a complaint.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

when customer care is outsourced to india, you can demand all like to speak to their supervisors

the supervisors are dot heads too

Anonymous said...

I could'nt agree more with you darling.I work at a company (I can't say the name) that firmly believes in hiring people from other countries to answer phones in a call center.We have one girl in my dept who is from India and is a customer service rep speaking on the phones all day long. I can't tell you how many times I have answered the phone and the person on the other end is relieved to have me answer. The first thing out of their mouths is I spoke to a woman today who I couldn't understand and I was wondering if you could help me.This has happened to many times to count.It's not that she doesn't know the job it's that she doesn't speak good english.Are we bad people for saying that when we call to get customer service we would like to get a person that can understand us and not the other way around? What's next? When you call customer service they will have a button to push for every language in the book.Push 102 for chipmunk...Give me a break.Love Ya