Monday, June 18, 2007

PINKBERRY'S

Frozen yogurt, that fast food relic from the 80s, has taken Manhattan by storm.

Let me explain:

Los Angeles export Pinkberry’s has opened its doors in the city. The lines are 90 minutes long. I mean, some folks even bring books to read while in queue.

Who’s waiting?

Not the queens, us gays are way too busy and smart for that. No, the line is full of str8 couples with nothing better to do.

I asked a man how long he waited for his small cup of yogurt with several fruit toppings – and what he paid.

The answer: 90 minutes and $8.45 for his frozen treat.

I’m sorry, but I have better things to do with 90 minutes and a $10 bill.

I walked a few blocks to McDonald’s for a chocolate frozen yogurt from the dollar menu.

Verdict?

Fucking delicious.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does McDonald's have yogurt on their menu?

I totally thought it was ice cream.

Anonymous said...

It's hard to believe what kind of trifflin shit becomes a hot fad for people with money.

cupcakes, then frozen yogurt, retarded!

THE ORAL REPORTER said...

I blame Starbuck's for the whole thing - somehow they convinced us that it's OK to pay $5 for a cup of coffee.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of coffee, my new favorite way to waste money is blueberry hot coffee from Dunkin Donuts.

It is good hot or iced, but hot coffee is a great meal replacement to take care of summer *bloat*.

THE ORAL REPORTER said...

LOL - I, too, think of coffee as a meal replacement - and those blueberries are packed with antioxidants, honey. Pop a multi-vitamin and chew on some carrot sticks and that's my meal for the day.