Thursday, January 31, 2008

LATE NIGHTS

I hooked up with an old fuck buddy the other night – a gorgeous 28 year old boy with wavy Hollywood hair and eyes so dark and hooded they could turn a hetro boy queer. His name is Scorpio (I swear it’s his real name) and when I met him a few years back, he was trying to make it as an actor/model – he now works on Wall Street.

He came over at 1am – drunk. His hair was messy and he smelled of stale beer and cigarettes – and he wasn’t wearing underwear.

Why did I let him in? I guess the three devils of Manhattan - bored, lonely and horny – got the best of me.

He said he had stopped calling me because I was ”standoffish” during our last hook up.

Hmmmm.

Maybe that’s my problem with men.

I mean, he wasn't the first to tell me I have an icy veneer. I guess I’ve always subscribed to the notion that you never show feelings or love for several months – but come to think of it, the person who gave me that advice is 46 and still single.

I didn’t have much time to ponder the question of my cold soul, because in a matter of seconds his body was pressed up against mine. I woke up the next morning smelling of stale beer and cigarettes.

Time to save my soul later.

10 comments:

riftgirl said...

Of course, there is a difference between being reserved - and flipping through the latest issue of Vogue while you're having sex. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Honey you just like to play hard to get.That's the problem.You don't have to put it all out on the table on the first date. Give the guy a little at a time.Tell him I like you after the second date.Then I really like you after the 4th date.Space it out don't give or hide the emotions.If he really likes you and you really like him he will be yours hook line and sinker by the 6th date.

Anonymous said...

I love the advice.

THE ORAL REPORTER said...

Honey, he was taking forever, so I reached for a Vogue - was that so bad? I mean, he didn't seem to mind - he kept calling and paying for dinners.

Do I sound like a whore?

riftgirl said...

Sound like one?! ;-)

Anonymous said...

If it walks like a whore and quacks like a whore........

Anonymous said...

A fashion educated whore.Better than counting the tile or cracks in the ceiling like woman do.

Anonymous said...

actually, women lie back kick there heels in the air and think of handbags! susan g

Anonymous said...

Vogue? Did you "strike a pose"...or two...or three? ;)

THE ORAL REPORTER said...

Hopefully, you're dreaming of a new Marc Jabobs bag.