Thursday, May 22, 2008

IDOL THOUGHTS

Okay, I admit it – I loved the American Idol finale.

I mean, it was like The Lawrence Welk Show for the new millennium – shiny happy faces singing/slaughtering legendary songs.

Highlights included a fabulous vintage Gladys Knight singing “Midnight Train to Georgia” – that sista can sing. Also loved Miss George Michael – another sista that can sing. I mean, even Simon gave sister George a standing ovation.

Lowlights included poor chubby Donna Summer – her black pantsuit wasn’t doing her any favors. I mean, is she getting fashion tips from Hillary Clinton? And can we talk about leathery Bryan Adams? Poor dried out thing looked liked he hadn’t drank a glass of water since his last hit in the 1980s. Remember Bryan, Botox and Juviderm are your friends.

Finally, as much as I love David Cook, that weird comb-over hair-do has got to go. Face facts sista, you’re balding, so shave the head because you're not fooling anyone.
.

No comments: