Thursday, June 05, 2008

IPOD BLUES

Thank God for George Michael.

His words, wisdom and music are getting me through yet another heartache…I don’t know what it is about 80’s icons, but they always ease my pain. One summer, when I had my heart broken by a cab driver, nothing but Belinda Carlisle could sooth me. And when my husband died from cancer, it was all about Dusty Springfield – I know she is technically a 60’s icon, but she did have a resurgence compliments of the Pet Shop Boys in the 80’s, but I digress.

Well, now it’s George’s turn. His “Listen Without Prejudice” is playing nonstop on my ipod. I mean, I can hear his pain through his feathered hair.

My relationship that never was, is now over – he has left Manhattan to pursue his dreams of stardom. Did he like me? Or was it just convenient sex? I guess I will never know. I keep thinking I should have done more, but I could "woulda, shoulda" myself to death.

Why is love so hard?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

In the words from the 70's song by Nazareth......Love hurts.

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize that you were in love. Healing thoughts to you.

THE ORAL REPORTER said...

I think Nasareth should change that song title to...Love Sucks.

Anonymous said...

How about Love Stinks. By The J Geiles Band.

THE ORAL REPORTER said...

How about "I hate myself for loving you" - by - I think - Joan Jett

Anonymous said...

"the course of true love never did run smooth"......
susan g

Anonymous said...

Smithereens by Annie Lennox.

Anonymous said...

http://melanism.com/pics/michelle-williams-heath-ledger-fuck-off-01.jpg

THE ORAL REPORTER said...

The above is from an angry blogger that did not like my take on Heath Ledger's death - I do love the pic, though. copy and paste it into your browser since the anonymous blogger was too dim-witted to embed it.