Tuesday, March 07, 2006

NO CHICKEN SOUP

Well, it was bound to happen - my blog has offended certain readers who see themselves in my essays. (I even have a friend's mother pissed at me.) One pal commented that New York City has made me mean. Well, yeah, NYC doesn't make people nice. If you want "Up With People" bullshit, read Chicken Soup for the Soul, darlings.

What more can I say...get over yourselves comes to mind as well as stop taking yourselves so seriously. My essays are meant to be silly slices of modern life in NYC. And if my writing makes you think, well, all the better. And if you see yourself in my work, consider this: at least you're interesting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I accept your apology only due to the fact that you still are a great writer.

Your "friend's mom"

Anonymous said...

Is telling it like it is necessarily mean? Just some food for thought...

Anonymous said...

People who are easily offended kinda scare me anyway...