Thursday, June 08, 2006

FEAR OF FLYING

You know what is really fucked up? Airport security. I travel several times a month and it never ceases to amaze me what a mess it is.

How many more times am I going to be searched because I purchased a one-way ticket? I fly the same airline routinely, so I have asked the powers-that-be numerous times:

“Don’t you think if I was a terrorist, I would have figured out the one-way thing by now.”

“It’s the rules, sir.”

Well, that’s the problem with airport security in America – rules! I can’t began to tell you how many times I have witnessed either a 90 year old woman being wanded and made to stand at attention or a 75-year old handicapped man being interrogated – all the while Arabs in turbans and other shady characters breeze right by.

I’m sorry, but things need to change.

I flew to Israel a few years back and was amazed and impressed with their security. Why? Because Israel has the common sense to profile terrorist looking people – and I want to point out that Israel has NEVER had a terrorist attack on their airlines, so obvious this system works.

America needs to get with the program.

No comments: